Friday, May 9, 2008

The Nest

Whew. Well, technology is my best friend and worst enemy...today it was my worst enemy-so frustrating! 

This morning I spent the day at "The Nest," which is the preschool of the Mustard Seed. I was in the Rivers class, which is 12 four year old, Mrs. Norman, and Ms. Santos (and me, today). I want to go back to pre-K and be in the Rivers class because it is basically the funnest class ever. This morning we celebrated Pentecost which is the birthday of the church, so we had cupcakes for snack! Happy Birthday Church! Thank you Lord for sending the Holy Spirit! We also sang songs, read books, did drama, made cards for our moms for Mother's Day, wrapped presents for our mom, played with Legos, talked about the death of Mister (class fish), and laughed. What I was most impressed with was the structure that enabled the children to explore, imagine, learn, and create. Mrs. Norman had such a handle on her class that everyone was able to enjoy themselves, learn, and not disrupt everyone. I really see the Nest as being a huge tool for the Mustard Seed; if you have students coming into Kindergarden who are already familiar with all the customs, traditions, and rules of the community then it will be an easier transition for everyone who does not because they will have examples to look to in their own class. 

Four year olds are precious. Everyone should be at least one day with them sometime. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful person.